3 Essential Tests to Run Before Publishing Your Ecommerce New Page
Today, in this article, we are gonna share invaluable insights and tips on various aspects of the marketing landscape. In today’s post, we’ll explore three crucial tests to run before publishing a new page on your ecommerce website. These tests will help ensure optimal user experience, boost conversion rates, and enhance overall site performance.
Mobile Responsiveness Test
With the majority of users browsing and shopping on mobile devices, ensuring your new page is mobile-responsive is critical. A mobile-responsive page will automatically adjust its layout and content to fit different screen sizes and resolutions. To test mobile responsiveness:
- Use online tools like Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test or BrowserStack to check how your page renders on various devices and screen sizes.
- Manually test your page on different mobile devices, ensuring that elements like images, text, and buttons are easily readable and functional.
User Experience (UX) Test
A seamless user experience is vital for driving conversions on your ecommerce website. Before publishing your new page, conduct UX tests to identify and resolve potential issues. Key aspects to test include:
- Navigation: Ensure that users can easily navigate between pages and access important features like search bars, filters, and menus.
- Readability: Check that text is easily readable, with appropriate font sizes, colors, and line spacing.
- Call-to-action (CTA) buttons: Make sure your CTA buttons are visible, clear, and compelling to encourage users to take desired actions.
- Load times: Optimize your page to load quickly, as slow-loading pages can lead to high bounce rates and lost sales.
SEO Optimization Test
Before publishing your new page, perform an SEO audit to ensure that it is optimized for search engines. This will help drive organic traffic to your site and improve your search rankings. Key aspects to test include:
- Title tags and meta descriptions: Ensure that your title tags and meta descriptions are optimized with relevant keywords and are within the recommended character limits.
- Header tags: Check that your page uses header tags (H1, H2, H3) appropriately to structure content and signal importance to search engines.
- Image optimization: Confirm that your images are compressed to reduce load times and have descriptive alt tags for improved accessibility and SEO.
- Internal and external links: Test all internal and external links on your page to ensure they are functional and relevant.
Running these three tests before publishing a new page on your ecommerce website is essential for providing a positive user experience, driving conversions, and improving search engine visibility. By partnering with Aark Marketing, you can trust our team of experts to help you optimize your ecommerce website and ensure that every new page is primed for success.